What is a dementia-friendly group?
A dementia-friendly group is any group of people who have committed to applying the dementia-friendly communities guiding principles and to making their group dementia-friendly.
Dementia-friendly groups can be:
Social, sporting, recreational and community groups such as choirs, sports teams, men's sheds, philanthropic groups etc.
Steps to becoming a dementia-friendly group
- sign up to be a dementia friend and complete module one of the free online learning
- read the dementia-friendly guide
- discuss ideas with your group and commit to the guiding principles for dementia-friendly groups
- contact your local dementia alliance for advice on making your group dementia-friendly
- add your group to the community map
- stay involved, review your progress and involve people with dementia in your planning.