What is a dementia alliance?
A dementia alliance is made up of people in the community who are interested in helping to make their community or town more dementia-friendly.
An alliance must include:
- people with dementia alongside the carers and family members of people with dementia
- a designated contact person
An alliance can also include:
- members of your local council and business owners
Steps to forming a dementia alliance
- sign up to be a dementia friend and complete module one of the free online training
- read the dementia-friendly community toolkit
- find people who are interested in helping you
- organise a meeting
- prepare an action plan
- add your dementia alliance to the community map
- get feedback and adjust your action plan over time
Once your dementia alliance has been established you can begin building a dementia-friendly community.