There are a number of other initiatives being undertaken across Australia and the globe.
Some useful links have been included below.
Dementia-friendly around the world
There are currently a number of dementia-friendly initiatives taking place across the world.
Take a look at their websites:
Dementia Enabling Environments Project (DEEP)
DEEP is aimed at facilitating the creation of supportive environments for people with dementia.
The initiative includes:
• Environmental audit tools for care settings
• Course materials for university architectural students
• Workshops for professionals and families
• A national library lending resource
• A Virtual web based centre of information and advice
• Advocacy for adoption of good practice dementia design principles
Is it dementia?
Is it dementia has been developed to help recognise the signs of dementia. It is made up of 12 short films highlighting how dementia can impact the everyday work lives of Australians.